Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm gearin' up for a bunch of recipes. Seriously.


The only time I ever wish that I were a filthy rich billionaire (for more or less vainglorious reasons) is when I "shop" at Whole Foods (and drool while browsing Anthropologie). Shop is a stretch because I can only afford a few of my favorite things, and then I stock up at Trader Joes at a more reasonable price. Whole Foods is honestly the best grocery store EVER--in the OC, anyway! I prefer the prices of the Co-Ops and similar establishments in Bellingham, WA and Northern California. But back to the glory of Whole Foods, I want all the baby clothes and products (even though I have no babies), organic pj's and shoes, all the deliciously healthy foods I can buy (even though I still need my bag of Doritos--though I am phasing these out and replacing them with Pirate's Booty and cheese flavored rice cakes), and every cool health product in that store--gimmick or not. I want to own that damn store.

I am trying out a few recipes from Whole Foods. I will post at the end of the week what tasted yummy.

Please post if you have anything--Lynn, I know you're holding back!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I am holding back...wait, was that sarcasm...anyway :) it's supposed to be a group effort.

I also love Whole Foods and we are getting one next year. I think it's the lighting. And the samples. Also, I feel your pain in the pocketbook. I can't believe how much we spend on food. Sometimes I think that dining in is more expensive than eating out. But cooking is an adventure and my duty so I'll continue. And I'll keep spending money to get the ingredients I want so what can I do. One thing I have been doing is going to our local farmers market and although the prices are still up there, I've noticed that the veggies and herbs last waaayyy longer than if I bought them at the store where they have been in transit for weeks. So I save money that way. Maybe you don't have that problem as much in Calif. although you never know how long something has been out.

Vainglorious...what a great word!